12/06/2012

ಠ_ಠ

The defensive look with the scrunched eyebrows. You know what I'm talking about. That casual look of disdain and disapproval momentarily breaching through the other party's normal social inhibitions. Maybe it's just me being a little oversensitive but that look somehow seems to be finding its way into my conversations much too frequently for my liking.

Ponder and obsess as I may, I still have yet to isolate the precise conditions required to precipitate that cold lifeless look with its piercing eyes. Was it my choice of words? The content of my message? My tone that seems to have become lost in the spaces between irony and insincerity? Maybe it's my tired unengaged look or maybe that shit-eating grin that I greet you with? Well, I have no idea.

But since those instances have been piling up, my desire to make small-talk with effective strangers has reached near-zero levels. And so, I'll have to ask earnestly that you forgive me if I "don't seem to notice you" and don't say hello. It's nothing personal.

No comments: